Friday, April 4, 2025

Tanushree slams Ajay Devgn for working with Alok Nath

Date:

Share post:

Tanushree Dutta has slammed actor-producer Ajay Devgn for continuing to work with rape accused Alok Nath in the forthcoming film De De Pyaar De. The actress called him morally bankrupt and a spineless hypocrite.
‘Tinsel town is full of liars, show-offs and spineless hypocrites. And it seems by a large public consensus that the sign post is pointing currently at Ajay Devgn,’ Tanushree, who had sparked India’s #MeToo movement, said in a statement.
‘During the #MeToo movement in India, the actor had tweeted and sworn never to work with those accused and now in a surprising and convenient turn of events is working with rape and harrasment accused Alok Nath and supporting him to make a comeback to Bollywood,” she added.
Tanushree said it was possible for the De De Pyaar De team to re-shoot Alok’s scenes once the allegations against him were made public by writer-director Vinta Nanda.
‘Nobody even knew before the posters and trailers that Alok Nath is in the film, so if Ajay and the makers wanted they could have just quietly replaced him and re-shot his portions (which is barely 10-15 days for character actors in Bollywood), and given Vinta Nanda the respect she deserves as well as several other women who were troubled by this guy, but no.”
Nanda had last year accused Alok Nath of allegedly raping her nearly 19 years ago when they worked together. He denied it. (IANS)

Related articles

Venkatesh Iyer silences critics with blazing 60 as KKR crush SRH

Kolkata, April 3: Venkatesh Iyer answered his critics with a match-winning 60 off 29 balls, propelling Kolkata Knight...

Can’t accept verdict, but will abide by it: Mamata

Kolkata, April 3: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday said she respects the judiciary but disagrees...

JD(U) leader quits party over Waqf bill protest

Patna, April 3: JD(U) leader Mohammed Qasim Ansari on Thursday resigned from the party in protest against the...

Won’t snatch Muslims’ rights, assures Rijiju

New Delhi, April 3: Union Minority Affairs Minister Kiren Rijiju on Thursday rejected the opposition’s allegations that the...