Friday, April 4, 2025

Hek tries to play down lack of surgical tools at Ganesh Das Hospital

Date:

Share post:

SHILLONG: Meghalaya Health Minister A L Hek said the incident at Ganesh Das Hospital was due to a misunderstanding between the doctor and the patient.

Expressing surprise at the allegation that the hospital lacks the tools for the C-section and refuse to admit the pregnant patient, he said there were thousands of pregnant women who visit the hospital and there was no such complain about the shortage of tools for operation.

“It is not proper to say there are no tools. There is no complain as such and I am surprised to see such allegation in the media reports,” he told reporters adding that the hospital is a state hospital which has better facilities for treatment.

It may be mentioned that on Sunday, the FKJGP alleged that the hospital refused to admit a pregnant patient only because it lacked some tools to perform the C-section operation.

However, on contacting the Medical Superintendent, N. Wanswett informed that the hospital had no more sterilized surgical drapes left due to numerous operation being performed previously.

She said a patient couldn’t be operated without the sterilized surgical drapes lest the patient gets infected.

Related articles

Venkatesh Iyer silences critics with blazing 60 as KKR crush SRH

Kolkata, April 3: Venkatesh Iyer answered his critics with a match-winning 60 off 29 balls, propelling Kolkata Knight...

Can’t accept verdict, but will abide by it: Mamata

Kolkata, April 3: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday said she respects the judiciary but disagrees...

JD(U) leader quits party over Waqf bill protest

Patna, April 3: JD(U) leader Mohammed Qasim Ansari on Thursday resigned from the party in protest against the...

Won’t snatch Muslims’ rights, assures Rijiju

New Delhi, April 3: Union Minority Affairs Minister Kiren Rijiju on Thursday rejected the opposition’s allegations that the...