Saturday, April 5, 2025

Assam disinfects cemetery where COVID victim was buried

Date:

Share post:

Hailakandi: The Assam government has sanitised a cemetery in Hailakandi district where the only person to die of novel coronavirus infection in the state so far was buried, an official release said.
The Fire and Emergency Services along with the Public Health Engineering Department had on Saturday also disinfected the roads that lead to the burial ground located around 10 km from Hailakandi, it said.
“The burial ground and roads leading to it were disinfected. The public need not worry at all,” Deputy Commissioner Keethi Jalli said.
The ambulance in which the body was taken from Silchar Medical College and Hospital was also sanitised, the release said.
A 65-year-old former BSF personnel, who had travelled to Saudi Arabia and also attended the Tablighi Jamaat congregation in Delhi, died of novel coronavirus infection on April 10.
The locality in which he lived — Borjurai on the outskirts of Hailakandi town — has been sealed and declared a containment zone.

Related articles

Centre seeking answers to queries on ILP: Paul

SHILLONG, April 4: Amid the long-pending demand to implement the Inner Line Permit in Meghalaya, the Centre has...

My suspension from VPP was ‘premeditated’, says Adelbert

SHILLONG, April 4: North Shillong MLA Adelbert Nongrum on Friday said his suspension from the Voice of the...

All-party committee to consult stakeholders on railway projects

Hynniewtrep land will burn if govt brings rlys, pressure groups warn SHILLONG, April 4: The all-party committee headed by...

HYC threatens to block NEIGRIHMS recruitment

SHILLONG, April 4: The Hynniewtrep Youth Council (HYC) on Friday announced that it will not allow NEIGRIHMS to...