Tuesday, October 1, 2024
spot_img

Widow of colonel killed in Ladakh clash appointed Dy Collector

Date:

Share post:

spot_img
spot_img

Hyderabad:  The Telangana government on Wednesday appointed the widow of Colonel B. Santosh Babu, who was killed in the clash with Chinese troops in Ladakh last month, as a Deputy Collector.
Chief Minister K. Chandrashekhar Rao handed over the appointment letter to Santoshi at Pragathi Bhavan, the official residence of the Chief Minister.
He instructed officials concerned to post Santoshi in Hyderabad or its surrounding areas. He also asked his Secretary Smita Sabharwal to be with Santoshi till she gets the proper training and settles down in her job.
KCR, as the Chief Minister is popularly known, had lunch with 20 of the family members of Santoshi who accompanied her to Pragathi Bhavan. He enquired about their well-being and assured that the government would always stand by Santosh Babu’s family.
It was exactly a month before that KCR had visited the family of Santosh Babu in Suryapet town to console his parents and other family members and handed over Rs 5 crore as ex gratia.
He had also handed over to Santoshi the letter of her appointment to Group-1 job and documents on the allotment of a house site measuring 711 square yards in Banjara Hills, Hyderabad.
Meanwhile, officials were busy making arrangements to handover the land to the family. Hyderabad Collector Shweta Mohanty and other officials inspected the land which is to be handed over to the martyr’s family.
Santosh Babu and 19 other other soldiers were killed in the clashes with Chinese troops in Galwan Valley of Ladakh on June 15.
The colonel is survived by his wife, a nine-year-old daughter and a four-year-old son.

spot_img
spot_img

Related articles

2nd Test: Ravindra Jadeja is a complete package, says bowling coach Morne Morkel after 3000-run/300-wicket double

Kanpur, Sep 30: India’s bowling coach Morne Morkel lavished high praises on all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja, calling him a...

2nd Test: Mehidy Hasan Miraz admits to being surprised over India’s attacking approach

Kanpur, Sep 30: Bangladesh’s off-spin all-rounder Mehidy Hasan Miraz said he was surprised by India’s attacking approach with...

Union Minister Jayant Chaudhary calls on Meghalaya Governor

Shillong, Sept 30:  Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Jayant Chaudhary,  called on...

Dry Days declared on Oct 2, 11 and 12 in WJH

Jowai, Sep 30: The District Magistrate, West Jaintia Hills (WJH) District,  has declared Dry Day on the October...