A free training centre for beauticians and tailoring under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana at Paltan Bazaar. The free training centre was inaugurated by Subham Charitable Trust, Shillong, on Saturday.
The Shillong Times first appeared as a tabloid weekly on 10th August 1945 under the editorship of Late Sudhindra Bhusan Chaudhuri.
In 1958 it was converted to a Daily. Owing to financial constraints, within six months it reverted back to a weekly.