Friday, April 4, 2025

No vehicular movement so far: Mizoram officials

Date:

Share post:

Aizawl, July 31: Officials in Mizoram claimed on Saturday that no vehicle has entered the state from Assam since the boundary clash despite the neighbouring state’s assertion that the “economic blockade” staged by several groups on National Highway 306 has been lifted.
“No vehicle has entered Mizoram from Assam from Monday to Saturday,” Kolasib Deputy Commissioner H Lalthlangliana told PTI.
Lalchawimawa, officer-in-charge of Vairengte police station, close to which the border check-gate is located, echoed the DC but said that some trucks from Mizoram, however, have left for Assam. “No vehicles have entered Mizoram from Assam till 3 pm on Saturday. However, few trucks from Mizoram have left for Assam,” he said.
The officer claimed that there is no restriction on traffic movement in Mizoram and vehicles from the state are entering Assam every day even after the clash.
He said that the situation along the inter-state border is under control and peaceful now. The Centre has deployed more troops of central armed forces in the border areas.
Meanwhile, the Mizoram government has opened alternate routes to bring essential commodities from Tripura and Manipur. (PTI)

Related articles

Rupee strengthens against dollar amid Trump’s reciprocal tariffs

New Delhi, April 4: The Indian rupee witnessed sharp gains on Friday at below 85 against dollar, as...

Kareena Kapoor, Anupam Kher, Sunny Deol and others honor the legacy of Manoj Kumar

Mumbai, April 4: In heartfelt tributes to the iconic actor and filmmaker Manoj Kumar, B-Town celebs such as...

When Manoj Kumar spoke about life’s uncertainty and the inescapable reality of death

Mumbai, April 4: An old video of the late Manoj Kumar, sharing his profound thoughts on life's uncertainty...

PM Modi unveils 21-point action plan at 6th BIMSTEC Summit

Bangkok, April 4: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday presented a comprehensive 21-point action plan during the sixth...