- When did it first strike you to take the path of modelling?
It was a coincidence. I took part in a challenge on Instagram that required the participants to post our best fashion attires and the winners would get hampers. To my surprise, I got a message saying that I’ve qualified for auditioning for a show called Phoenix Fashion Icon. I accepted it with much elation. I was determined to give it my best shot and then got selected in the Top 12. Later I was announced as 1st runner up in the contest and that’s how my journey commenced.
2. Becoming a youth and fashion icon requires a lot of hard work? What’s your story?
3.Has the ramp way, ramp-walk always appealed to you?
4.Apart from modeling, who is Sufanri behind the scenes and what are some of your other interests and life pursuits?
6. How does being in the spotlight change your perspective towards life, if it does at all?
7. What role does Shillong Fashion Society play in your journey of winning Miss Shillong?
10. For many young and aspirational people like yourself, what are some of the learnings that you’d like to share?
Tête-à-tête with Chairman of Shillong Fashion Society (SFS)
1. Tell us about the Shillong fashion society – background, objective and vision.
Fashion Society Shillong was formed in 1983, with like minded people to promote beauty and aesthetics in this region.The vision is to see the upcoming generations of youth empowered, to be the best of themselves through proper grooming and exposure.This will enable them to face job interviews as the primary modules are Career Counselling, Leadership Training, Personality Development, apart from skills in Grooming and Ramp Walk.
3. We see beautiful faces and personalities winning the crown every year, what role does the society play in this? Do you scout and train them too?
We do scout, audition and train the contestants and we have been collaborating with other organizations as well.
People can join and win if they fine tune their body, mind and soul and persevere. Naturally blessed with good looks and a dynamic personality can ensure a sure shot winner.
I do not agree with the perception of discrimination. People of Shillonh have always possessed what it takes in terms of beauty, style and suaveness. A platform was all that was needed to showcase this talent.
We are mostly a non-profit organization and we strive to host events of a high standard. We’ve had a number of celebrities acknowledge and attend our events from Bollywood icons like Moon Moon Sen, Zeenat Aman, Former Home Minister of Meghalaya, James Marvin Pariat.
This year, Fashion Society Shillong hosted the Miss Shillong 2021 Beauty Pageant, celebrating 38 years, at the St Anthony’s School Auditorium,Shillong, held on November 30th, 2021. Out of 40 entrants, initially10 were shortlisted then scaled down to Top 5,who sashayed down the ramp in the Active Sports Round and the Evening Gown Round. In this glitzy event, Sufanri Fella Lyngkhoi walked away with the prestigious title of Miss Shillong 2021, followed by Triheena Das,1st Runner- Up and Ameda Giovana Kyndiah as 2nd Runner-Up. Following up close was Angela Mary Lyngdoh and Stella Rica Khongsni.