Friday, April 4, 2025

Meghalaya’s precaution dose coverage lowest in India

Date:

Share post:

NEW DELHI, Aug 30: Only a fifth of the eligible people in India have taken the precaution dose of COVID-19 vaccine so far, with the lowest coverage being in Meghalaya, followed by states like Jharkhand, Nagaland, Punjab and Haryana, officials said on Tuesday.
Around 12% of the eligible 77 crore population in the age group of 18-59 years have taken the precaution dose of COVID-19 vaccine so far, they said. Besides, 35 per cent of the 16.80 crore population aged 60 years and above, healthcare and frontline workers have been administered the precaution dose.
Only 8% of eligible people aged above 18 years have taken the precaution dose in Meghalaya so far followed by Jharkhand and Nagaland (9 % each) and Punjab and Haryana (10%).
The coverage is only about a third in the major states. Among UTs, Andaman and Nicobar islands lead the chart with 78% followed by 59% in Ladakh. (PTI)

Related articles

Venkatesh Iyer silences critics with blazing 60 as KKR crush SRH

Kolkata, April 3: Venkatesh Iyer answered his critics with a match-winning 60 off 29 balls, propelling Kolkata Knight...

Can’t accept verdict, but will abide by it: Mamata

Kolkata, April 3: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday said she respects the judiciary but disagrees...

JD(U) leader quits party over Waqf bill protest

Patna, April 3: JD(U) leader Mohammed Qasim Ansari on Thursday resigned from the party in protest against the...

Won’t snatch Muslims’ rights, assures Rijiju

New Delhi, April 3: Union Minority Affairs Minister Kiren Rijiju on Thursday rejected the opposition’s allegations that the...