Sunday, August 31, 2025
spot_img

Ronaldo to continue playing after WC

Date:

Share post:

spot_imgspot_img

LISBON, Sep 22: This year’s World Cup apparently won’t be the end for Cristiano Ronaldo.
The 37-year-old Portugal star said he is not considering retiring from international football in December after the tournament in Qatar, and plans to play at the 2024 European Championship.
“I’m still motivated. My ambition is really high,” Ronaldo said at an event late Tuesday after being recognized by the Portuguese football federation for his scoring feats.
“I’m in a national team with a lot of youngsters. I want to be in the World Cup and at Euros. I want to make that commitment now.”
Ronaldo earlier this year had already dismissed retirement talks when asked if the World Cup in Qatar would be his last.
The forward has been struggling at Manchester United and has not been an undisputed starter with the English club.
Ronaldo will enter the World Cup holding the men’s all-time record of 117 international goals.
He is preparing with Portugal for Nations League matches at the Czech Republic on Saturday and against Spain at home three days later.
Winner of the inaugural edition of the Nations League in 2019, Portugal trails Spain by one point entering the final two games. Only the group winners will advance to the Final Four. (AP)

spot_imgspot_img

Related articles

UAE heat forces 30-minute delay in Asia Cup matches

Dubai, Aug 30: The start time for 18 out of the 19 matches in the upcoming Asia Cup...

Gill awaits fitness test for Asia Cup

Bengaluru, Aug 30: India Test skipper and T20 vice-captain Shubman Gill reached the BCCI Centre of Excellence here...

Oman skipper ready for maiden Asia Cup

New Delhi, Aug 30: When Oman steps out for their maiden Asia Cup game against Pakistan in Dubai...

Indian fan zones sold out: CA

Melbourne, Aug 30: Cricket Australia has announced that the dedicated Indian fan zones at all eight venues for...