Friday, July 19, 2024
spot_img

Five fall ill after consuming wild mushrooms

Date:

Share post:

spot_img
spot_img

From Our Correspondent

NONGPOH, June 3: A family of five from Nongkyndang block of Saiden village in Ri-Bhoi district fell seriously ill after consuming wild mushrooms during dinner on Sunday evening.
The family reportedly ate the mushrooms, sourced from Umran Dairy, at approximately 8 pm.
According to sources, within hours of the consumption of mushrooms, all five family members began exhibiting symptoms of illness, including vomiting and flu-like symptoms.
The affected family members have been identified as Larita Syiemlieh and her children, Wanphrangsngi Syiemlieh (23), Daniki Syiemlieh (16); Larikynti Syiemlieh (14) and Da-u-Rijied Syiemlieh (3).
Upon noticing the symptoms, the family was rushed to the Nongpoh Civil Hospital for medical treatment.
Due to the severity of their conditions, Larita Syiemlieh and her son, Daniki Syiemlieh, were later transferred to Bethany Hospital, Nongpoh, for advanced care.

spot_img
spot_img

Related articles

Challenges for aid deliveries in northern Gaza increase: UN

Shillong, July 19: Workers delivering relief to northern Gaza, in addition to everyday Gaza challenges, must now coordinate...

Crypto platform WazirX suffers mega cyber breach, loses digital assets worth $234 million

Shillong, July 19: India's leading cryptocurrency exchange WazirX on Thursday said it has suffered a massive data security...

India must tap GVCs for next wave of electronics manufacturing growth: Industry

Shillong, July 19: Industry leaders on Friday said that the country must seize the opportunity to create a...

Hardik Pandya and Natasa Stankovic announce separation

Shillong, July 19: India cricketer Hardik Pandya and Natasa Stankovic have confirmed their separation, ending their four-year-old marriage...