Developed By: iNFOTYKE
Mookhep firing incident
JOWAI: Family members of the Mookhep firing victims have demanded that the inquiry report should be made public before the constitution of a fresh probe.
Philip James Bamon, relative of late Direst Siangshai, said that the Addl. Deputy Commissioner who conducted the enquiry and submitted the report to the Political Department should be punish for being biased in trying to prevent some of the officer responsible for the death of two innocent people and injury to many in the firing that took place on Sept 24 last year.
“We demand that the inquiry report be first made public before a fresh probe is constituted.”
“It seems that the government is playing a game by delaying the matter in order to clear every memory from the mind of the people about the incident,” Bamon said.
“We cannot believe that the report of a qualified Magistrate is biased and inaccurate. We want to know the truth before a new inquiry is set up,” he added.
Bamon also informed that if the government failed to make the report public, the family members of both the victims will be left with no other option but to go on fast.
“We are not against the second inquiry, but we want the first report made public,” he concluded.