Developed By: iNFOTYKE
SHILLONG: A major disaster was averted in Jhalupara on Thursday after a commercial LPG cylinder was found to be leaking in a jewellery shop on Thursday.
The incident happened at around 12 noon when the LPG cylinder started leaking inside the shop and was thrown on the road.
As the cylinder kept on leaking, police also rushed to the spot while nearby shops downed their shutters.
The Fire and Emergency Services personnel also reached the spot on time and the leaking gas was safely brought out of the cylinder in the presence of the fire fighters and a major disaster was averted.