Lucknow: A minor boy Tuesday received burns after hot water was thrown on him when he was entering a shopping plaza to buy toffees in Uttar Pradesh, police said. The boy blamed a shop keeper for the incident but police said it was an accident.
Manohar, 7, was injured at a plaza at Ghazipur square in Mau district, 440 km from here.
The boy alleged that the water was thrown at him by a shop keeper as a punishment for trying to enter the plaza in his rags.
Mau Superintendent of Police Vikramaditya Sachan told IANS that somebody accidentally threw hot water on the boy when he was entering the plaza. (IANS)