Thursday, April 3, 2025

Kaka hopeful for World Cup

Date:

Share post:

MILAN: Brazilian forward Ricardo Kaka said he still believes in his World Cup chances but refused to rule out leaving AC Milan amid speculation he could opt to play in the United States from next season.

Kaka has appeared only sporadically for Brazil in recent years but was called into Luiz Felipe Scolari’s squad for friendlies with Italy and Russia last year.

After scoring a brace in a 3-0 win over Chievo on Saturday in his 300th game for the Rossoneri, Kaka said: “There’s still time for the World Cup. I just have to keep playing well with Milan. “On May 7 the squad will be announced, and I believe I’m still in with a chance.” Kaka, meanwhile, refused to rule out leaving the club at the end of what has been a torrid campaign for the Serie A giants. (Agencies)

Related articles

Myanmar hit by 66 aftershocks following deadly earthquake

Yangon, April 3: As of Thursday morning, Myanmar has experienced 66 aftershocks ranging from magnitudes 2.8 to 7.5,...

Waqf Bill will open new avenues for development of Muslim: Danish Ansari

Lucknow, April 3: Uttar Pradesh Minority Affairs Minister Danish Ansari on Thursday claimed that the passage of the...

US calculation inflates India’s tariffs on American goods: Bernstein

New Delhi, April 3: The US estimate of the tariffs imposed by India on American goods is an...

PM Modi watches Thai Ramayan, Garba performance in Bangkok

Bangkok, April 3: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday witnessed 'Ramakien', the Thai version of the Ramayan, after...