Sunday, April 6, 2025

Delay in judicial probe into GH firing

Date:

Share post:

SHILLONG: A month after the Government’s assurance, the judicial team to probe the firing incident in North Garo Hills is yet to be constituted.
On March 7, Chief Minister Mukul Sangma said in the Assembly the Government would set up a judicial probe team.
Three occupants of a vehicle were mistakenly shot at by police at Resu-Khaldang road on March 6 during the checking of vehicles passing through the area.
Later, the government paid compensation and reimbursed money for the treatment of the trio. A magisterial inquiry was also ordered.
An official said on Saturday that the government had already written to the retired Judge of Gauhati High Court, B.D Agarwal for the judicial probe.
The official added that he is yet to get the latest information on the matter.

Related articles

Shillong, Jowai students bag top position in SSLC merit list

 Leisha Agarwal from St Margaret’s HS School and Avila Kathrene P Lyngdoh of North Liberty HS School, Jowai jointly...

High pass percentage triggers applause, critical questions

Our Bureau SHILLONG, April 5: Meghalaya’s Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSLC) pass percentage jumped from 55.80% in 2023 to...

Govt distances itself from NEIGRIHMS controversy

By Our Reporter SHILLONG, April 5: The Meghalaya government has distanced itself from the ongoing imbroglio in NEIGRIHMS which...

AAI notifies tender for expansion of Shillong Airport

By Our Reporter SHILLONG, April 5: The Airports Authority of India (AAI) has issued a tender notice for the...