Saturday, April 5, 2025

AAP leader ‘receives’ death threat

Date:

Share post:

New Delhi: AAP leader Ashish Khetan on Saturday claimed to have received a “death threat” from fringe Hindu groups, and demanded that Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh initiate action against the culprits.
Khetan said he had on May 9 received a letter stating that he had “crossed all levels” in committing sins against Hindu saints.
“It is because of you (Khetan) that Sadhvi Pragya Singh (an accused in the 2006 Malegaon blasts case) and Virendra Singh Tawde (an accused in the case of murder of rationalist Narendra Dabholkar in 2013) are in jail. People like you deserve only death punishment in a Hindu Rashtra,” the letter said.
A former scribe, Khetan has written to the Union home minister seeking action in the matter.
He also said that several journalists, writers and activists had been threatened by the right wing forces.
Khetan had also received a similar threat letter last year.
Reacting to this, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said this was “extremely shocking” and demanded action from the home minister.
“Ashish Khaitan receives death threat. Hope Rajnath Singh ji will take action(sic),” Kejriwal tweeted.
Khetan is the vice-chairman of the Delhi Dialogue Commission, which looks after the implementation of various polls promises made by the AAP before the 2015 Assembly polls.
He had also unsuccessfully contested the 2014 Lok Sabha election from the New Delhi constituency. (PTI)

Related articles

Centre seeking answers to queries on ILP: Paul

SHILLONG, April 4: Amid the long-pending demand to implement the Inner Line Permit in Meghalaya, the Centre has...

My suspension from VPP was ‘premeditated’, says Adelbert

SHILLONG, April 4: North Shillong MLA Adelbert Nongrum on Friday said his suspension from the Voice of the...

All-party committee to consult stakeholders on railway projects

Hynniewtrep land will burn if govt brings rlys, pressure groups warn SHILLONG, April 4: The all-party committee headed by...

HYC threatens to block NEIGRIHMS recruitment

SHILLONG, April 4: The Hynniewtrep Youth Council (HYC) on Friday announced that it will not allow NEIGRIHMS to...