Fire scare in Nongpoh

NONGPOH: A major disaster was averted in Nongpoh town on Wednesday evening thanks to the swift action on the part of police and the local fire service.
A leaked gas cylinder in the kitchen of a restaurant in the area created panic in the neighbourhood more so due to the presence of nine other LPG cylinders in the same room.

The incident that took place in Amit Restaurant around 7pm created chaos among the people around.
Policemen and fire service personnel rushed to the spot and it took them almost two hours to bring the fire under control.
As many as 10 cylinders were recovered from the kitchen of the restaurant.
Meanwhile, the Nongpoh Police is investigating into the incident.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Comments are closed.