Friday, April 4, 2025

Govt not aware of surrendered GNLA cadres preparing to be back in jungles

Date:

Share post:

 

SHILLONG: Meghalaya Government on Wednesday said that there was no specific inputs about large number of surrendered GNLA cadres returning to the jungles for a fresh bout of armed conflict.

As per media reports, the top hierarchy of the banned rebel group was scheduled to hold a meeting with all its cadres at Asanang, 18 kms from Tura, on Thursday  as GNLA cadres numbering 45 former rebels have returned to a path of armed struggle following disillusionment with the government over delay in rehabilitation packages.

The Chief Minister, however,  said that the law  and order was an area of priority for the Government which is on the job to address all the issues pertaining to rehabilitation of the cadres in

He also said that recently a large number of ANVC and ANVC-B cadres were given rehabilitation even as he added that the matters pertaining to rehabilitation do take time and it could not be done in a day

A   local newspaper had published a report quoting unnamed GNLA cadres stating that GNLA cadres have been peeved with the policy of the government wherein only a select group of leaders and cadres were benefitting from the government package while the rest had been left out.

When asked about the offers of the banned Hynniewtrep National Liberation Council, he said that the Government is ready to talk to anybody provided they lay down their arms and come forward for an unconditional talks

 

Related articles

Venkatesh Iyer silences critics with blazing 60 as KKR crush SRH

Kolkata, April 3: Venkatesh Iyer answered his critics with a match-winning 60 off 29 balls, propelling Kolkata Knight...

Can’t accept verdict, but will abide by it: Mamata

Kolkata, April 3: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday said she respects the judiciary but disagrees...

JD(U) leader quits party over Waqf bill protest

Patna, April 3: JD(U) leader Mohammed Qasim Ansari on Thursday resigned from the party in protest against the...

Won’t snatch Muslims’ rights, assures Rijiju

New Delhi, April 3: Union Minority Affairs Minister Kiren Rijiju on Thursday rejected the opposition’s allegations that the...