Saturday, April 5, 2025

China coal mine accident toll reaches 13

Date:

Share post:

Beijing: The death toll in a coal mine accident in China’s Shandong province increased to 13 while eight miners still remain trapped, authorities said on Sunday.
The 74-metre-deep tunnel is blocked by a falling coal seam at both ends, reports Xinhua news agency.
Rescuers have cleared 42 metres of the tunnel as of 6 a.m. on Sunday and were working on the remaining 32 meters from both ends, the authorities said.
The accident occurred at Longyun Coal Mining Co. Ltd. in Yuncheng county on October 20.
A total of 22 people were trapped in the tunnel after coal fell at both ends from the rock burst. Only one miner has been rescued so far.
Rock burst accidents are often caused by fractures in rocks due to mining. (IANS)

Related articles

Historic Waqf Bill ends corruption, grants entitlements to marginalised Muslims, says MRM

New Delhi, April 4: A wave of optimism and joy swept across the nation as the Waqf Amendment...

Top Lankan ministers, Indian diaspora accord grand welcome to PM Modi in Colombo amid heavy rain

Colombo, April 4: Hundreds of locals and members of the Indian diaspora community braved heavy rain to give...

IB woman officer suicide: Trouble mounts for absconding colleague as rape charges included

Thiruvananthapuram, April 4: The Kerala Police, on the lookout for the absconding male colleague of a woman IB...

Manipur: First tripartite talks between Meitei, Kuki-Zo, MHA in Delhi tomorrow

Imphal, April 4: In a significant development, leading organisations of Meitei and Kuki-Zo-Hmar communities will hold a tripartite...