Saturday, April 5, 2025

Script issues made Chris Hemsworth say no to Star Trek 4

Date:

Share post:

Actor Chris Hemsworth has revealed that he turned down Star Trek 4 over the scripting issues. It was reported in 2017 that the actor, who made a cameo as George Kirk in JJ Abrams’ 2009 sci-fi action film Star Trek, was in talks with Paramount Pictures to reprise his role in the fourth film. Chris Pine, who headlines the franchise, was also expected to return as Captain James T Kirk, the son of Hemsworth character. However, the future of the film is uncertain after the talks between Hemsworth and the studio fell through last year. In an interview with Variety, Hemsworth, 35, said the script did not excite him enough, adding there was not a strong enough motivation to warrant his character’s comeback. ‘I didn’t feel like we landed on a reason to revisit that yet. I didn’t want to be underwhelmed by what I was going to bring to the table,’ he said. Hemsworth next stars in MIB: International, which releases in India on June 14. (PTI)

Related articles

Surrender and embrace peaceful development, Home Minister Amit Shah appeals to Maoists

Dantewada (Chhattisgarh), April 5: Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Saturday extended a heartfelt appeal to those involved...

Leisha Agarwal, Avila Kathrene P Lyngdoh joint toppers in SSLC Exam conducted by MBoSE

Shillong, April 5: Leisha Agarwal from St Margaret’s Higher Secondary School, Shillong and Avila Kathrene P Lyngdoh of...

Unbreakable bond exists between our nations, says PM Modi after holding ‘productive talks’ with Lankan President in Colombo

Colombo, April 5:  Praising Sri Lankan President Anura Kumara Dissanayake for his "personal commitment to India-Sri Lanka ties",...

India and Sri Lanka sign updated agreement on defence cooperation during PM Modi’s visit

Colombo, April 5: Several key agreements, including on defence cooperation and development of Trincomalee as an energy hub,...