Thursday, April 3, 2025

11 US troops wounded in last week’s Iran attack

Date:

Share post:

Washington: At least 11 American troops were injured in an Iranian attack on an Iraqi base where American soldiers were deployed, US Central Command said Thursday, although the US military had previously maintained there were no casualties.
“While no US service members were killed in the Jan. 8 Iranian attack on al-Asad Air base, several were treated for concussion symptoms from the blast and are still being assessed,” US Central Command spokesman Captain Bill Urban said in a statement.
At the time of the attack, most of the 1,500 US soldiers at the base had been tucked away in bunkers, after advance warning from superiors. The strike caused significant material damage but no casualties, according to previous reports from the US military.
US President Donald Trump also said on the morning following the volley that “no American were harmed in last night’s attack.” However, Urban said that “in the days following the attack, out of an abundance of caution, some service members were transported from al-Asad Air Base.” (AFP)

Related articles

NE tea planters’ body urge Centre, Assam govt to allow oil palm trees planting in tea gardens

Guwahati, April 3: Leading tea planters' body, the North Eastern Tea Association (NETA) on Thursday urged both Central...

US tariffs give India a definitive edge over China in key sectors

New Delhi, April 3: The reciprocal tariffs imposed by the US will undoubtedly hit all countries but Indian...

Elevating relations to Strategic Partnership, India and Thailand sign agreements in key sectors

Bangkok, April 3: India and Thailand on Thursday agreed to elevate bilateral relations to a Strategic Partnership during...

Supreme Court stays tree felling on land near Hyderabad University

New Delhi, April 3: The Supreme Court on Thursday stayed tree felling on 400 acres of land in...