State’s request for CUET exemption unanswered
SHILLONG, March 17: The state government was dumbstruck on Friday regarding the status of the state’s request to the Centre seeking an exemption from the Common University Entrance Test (CUET) for the second year.
It was informed that the date for the enrolment of students appearing for the exams in the State has been extended to March 30 from March 12. However, there exist no concrete answers on the exemption request.
Cabinet Minister and Government spokesperson, Paul Lyngdoh on Friday said that the state should be exempted from CUET.
“It should be given,” said Lyngdoh, while commenting on the status of the request seeking CUET exemption. He said that it is only days since the new government and new Education Minister has taken over and they should be allowed to deal with the issue.
Earlier, Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma had requested Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan to exempt Meghalaya from CUET for the second year.
He had reminded the Union Minister that the Centre had exempted Meghalaya from the purview of the CUET last year.
Comments are closed.