Friday, August 29, 2025
spot_img

Top Boy actor Micheal Ward granted bail over rape, sexual assault charges

Date:

Share post:

spot_imgspot_img

British actor Micheal Ward was granted bail Thursday after appearing at a central London court to face charges of rape and sexual assault.
The 27-year-old, who has starred in the Netflix crime drama Top Boy, faces two counts of rape and three counts of sexual assault. The offences reportedly took place in January 2023. The charges relate to one woman. Ward appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court where he confirmed his name, address and date of birth during a short hearing. He did not enter any pleas and was granted conditional bail to next appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court in northeast London on Sept 25. His bail condition is not to contact the alleged victim. Ward denied the charges. He previously said in a statement that he has ‘full faith’ his name will be cleared in court. Ward has appeared in films including Blue Story, The Book of Clarence and the recently released American political satire Eddington, alongside Joaquin Phoenix and Pedro Pascal. (Agencies)

spot_imgspot_img

Related articles

Rising teen stars set stage for Arsenal-Liverpool clash

EPL PREVIEW London, Aug 28: A 15-year-old still on summer vacation from school won a penalty for Arsenal on...

Grimsby Town humiliate Man Utd in League Cup

Grimsby, Aug 28: Manchester United sank to a new low under Ruben Amorim by getting eliminated by fourth-tier...

Amorim slams own players after United’s exit in League Cup

Grimsby, Aug 28: Manchester United manager Ruben Amorim said his players “spoke for me really loud” after slumping...

Wolves sign Girona defender Ladislav Krejci

Wolverhampton, Aug 28: Wolverhampton Wanderers have completed the loan signing of Girona defender Ladislav Krejci, who becomes the...