Saturday, April 5, 2025

Opp trains gun at Sarkar

Date:

Share post:

From Our Correspondent

AGARTALA: Aiming to pile heat on the Left Front on corruption issue, Congress on Saturday stuck to its demand for CBI probe to unearth irregularities centering Adhaar scheme.

In a letter addressed to Chief Minister Manik Sarkar, opposition leader Ratan Lal Nath said that information accessed by RTI showed amount of the scam has crossed several crores centering the centrally sponsored scheme.

“The CBI investigation into the scam is required in view of involvement of several big fishes. Some people from outside the state might have got involved in siphoning off substantial amount. People of the state feel only CBI probe could unearth the scam and beneficiaries,” he said.

Nath in his letter also mentioned he had earlier requested CBI probe into Papai Saha murder, ginger scam in Satchand Block and nexus between terrorist Mamun Miah and MLA Sahid Chowdhury.

“Even I had requested you cancellation of forged SC certificate of MLA Partha Das but nothing has been done so far,” he pointed out.

Referring to the Chief Minister’s statement of bringing any irregularity being occurred to his knowledge for taking necessary steps, Nath lamented saying, “You did not take action even after bringing so many allegations”.

There are also instances the Chief Minister’s secretariat did not give acknowledgment of letters being forwarded to the Chief Minister.

“Considering the gravity of the crime, I do believe that you would recommend CBI probe to prove the government’s transparent approach”, he said in the letter. Nath also requested the Chief Minister to remove people involved in the Aadhar scheme to pave the way for impartial investigation into the scam.

Related articles

Centre seeking answers to queries on ILP: Paul

SHILLONG, April 4: Amid the long-pending demand to implement the Inner Line Permit in Meghalaya, the Centre has...

My suspension from VPP was ‘premeditated’, says Adelbert

SHILLONG, April 4: North Shillong MLA Adelbert Nongrum on Friday said his suspension from the Voice of the...

All-party committee to consult stakeholders on railway projects

Hynniewtrep land will burn if govt brings rlys, pressure groups warn SHILLONG, April 4: The all-party committee headed by...

HYC threatens to block NEIGRIHMS recruitment

SHILLONG, April 4: The Hynniewtrep Youth Council (HYC) on Friday announced that it will not allow NEIGRIHMS to...