From Our Correspondent
JOWAI: A devastating fire gutted the United Bank of India’s (UBI), Ummulong branch office at Ummulong village on Monday.
The fire, which broke out at around 8:45 am, was caused by electric short circuit, police said adding that the damage was estimated around Rs. 3 lakh (approximately).
Several items server machines, computers, printers and also furniture were damaged in the incident.
Meanwhile, the house of one Bina Muskur of the same village was also damaged due to short circuit at the same time.