Saturday, April 5, 2025

FIR shown by DGP fake, claims ANVC-B

Date:

Share post:

SHILLONG: A day after Meghalaya DGP Peter James Pyngrope Hanaman displayed the police FIR given by the ANVC-B to enquire into the disappearance of three cadres the outfit on Thursday claimed that the FIR was fake.

In a statement issued here on Thursday, ANVC-B leader Doang D Shira claimed that the cadres named in the missing report were still with the outfit when the police team attacked the outfit’s Edenbari camp.

On the decision of the Meghalaya Police to seek help of ballistic experts to identify similarities between the crude bombs which were reportedly seized from the ANVC-B camp at Daren Agal last week and the bomb that exploded at the AOC petrol pump in Tura, the ANVC-B said that the Police should first seek ballistic report on the Saleng attack, Nengkra blast and Sisobibra incident.

“The Government never sent any official letter to the ANVC-B seeking the list of cadres and the arms,” Shira said “If they did they must produce evidence. It is the ANVC-B which has been appealing and sending reminders to the Government for official Suspension of Operation,” the statement added

Related articles

Centre seeking answers to queries on ILP: Paul

SHILLONG, April 4: Amid the long-pending demand to implement the Inner Line Permit in Meghalaya, the Centre has...

My suspension from VPP was ‘premeditated’, says Adelbert

SHILLONG, April 4: North Shillong MLA Adelbert Nongrum on Friday said his suspension from the Voice of the...

All-party committee to consult stakeholders on railway projects

Hynniewtrep land will burn if govt brings rlys, pressure groups warn SHILLONG, April 4: The all-party committee headed by...

HYC threatens to block NEIGRIHMS recruitment

SHILLONG, April 4: The Hynniewtrep Youth Council (HYC) on Friday announced that it will not allow NEIGRIHMS to...