Saturday, April 5, 2025

Suspected Boko Haram rebels attack Chinese plant

Date:

Share post:

ABUJA: Suspected rebels from Nigeria’s Islamist militant group Boko Haram attacked a Chinese plant in northern Cameroon near the town of Waza, a local governor told Reuters on Saturday.

Waza is 20 km (12 miles) from the Nigerian border close to the Sambisa forest, a stronghold of Boko Haram which has killed thousands in Nigeria in a five-year insurgency for an Islamist state. The vast Sambisa forest is close to the area where Boko Haram kidnapped more than 200 schoolgirls last month.

The governor of Far North province Augustine Fonka Awa confirmed the attack but declined to give details. Chinese officials said unidentified assailants had attacked the camp of a Chinese enterprise operating in Cameroon last night, injuring one person and leaving 10 unaccounted for. (PTI)

Related articles

Historic Waqf Bill ends corruption, grants entitlements to marginalised Muslims, says MRM

New Delhi, April 4: A wave of optimism and joy swept across the nation as the Waqf Amendment...

Top Lankan ministers, Indian diaspora accord grand welcome to PM Modi in Colombo amid heavy rain

Colombo, April 4: Hundreds of locals and members of the Indian diaspora community braved heavy rain to give...

IB woman officer suicide: Trouble mounts for absconding colleague as rape charges included

Thiruvananthapuram, April 4: The Kerala Police, on the lookout for the absconding male colleague of a woman IB...

Manipur: First tripartite talks between Meitei, Kuki-Zo, MHA in Delhi tomorrow

Imphal, April 4: In a significant development, leading organisations of Meitei and Kuki-Zo-Hmar communities will hold a tripartite...