Saturday, April 5, 2025

Five get 20-year RI for gangrape

Date:

Share post:

Mumbai: A sessions court here on WEdnesdayconvicted five persons and sentenced them to rigorous imprisonment of 20 years for gang-raping a 32-year-old woman in her shanty near Matunga railway yard in Central Mumbai last year.

The special women’s court judge, Vrushali Joshi sent two juveniles who were among the total seven accused in the case, to a reformatory school and also imposed fine of Rs 16,000 on each of them. “The five accused have been convicted and sentenced to maximum 20 years for gangrape,” said public prosecutor Nilima Kasture. According to prosecution, seven persons, including two minors, had barged into the thatched house of the victim on March 16, 2013, and sexually assaulted her. (PTI)

Related articles

Centre seeking answers to queries on ILP: Paul

SHILLONG, April 4: Amid the long-pending demand to implement the Inner Line Permit in Meghalaya, the Centre has...

My suspension from VPP was ‘premeditated’, says Adelbert

SHILLONG, April 4: North Shillong MLA Adelbert Nongrum on Friday said his suspension from the Voice of the...

All-party committee to consult stakeholders on railway projects

Hynniewtrep land will burn if govt brings rlys, pressure groups warn SHILLONG, April 4: The all-party committee headed by...

HYC threatens to block NEIGRIHMS recruitment

SHILLONG, April 4: The Hynniewtrep Youth Council (HYC) on Friday announced that it will not allow NEIGRIHMS to...