Friday, April 4, 2025

Pressurising Farah to make Happy New Year sequel: Abhishek

Date:

Share post:

After the success of ‘Happy New Year’, actor Abhishek Bachchan says he and the entire cast of the movie are pressurising director Farah Khan to make a sequel of the heist comedy.
The 38-year-old actor said the starcast of the film comprising Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone, Sonu Sood, Boman Irani, Vivaan Shah and him, want to work together again as they all had a lot of fun while shooting ‘Happy New Year’, which released on October 24.
“I think everybody is pressuring Farah because everybody wants to get back as a team to work again… we had a great time while filming.
“But as she said that she has to come up with a good story. Right now she is on a long overdue break so we are letting her enjoy. Once she is back with her thinking hat, then we can pressurise her again,” Abhishek told PTI.
‘Happy New Year’ was the second time the actor worked with a woman director. He has previously collaborated with Revathi on ‘Phir Milenge’.
When asked how it was working with Farah, Abhishek said, “You can’t compare two creative peo-ple. It is incorrect.Farah is a brilliant director. She is my favourite. I love what she stands for. I love her cinema. I love the way she makes the cinema. She believes in unabashed entertainment.”
In ‘Happy New Year’, Abhishek plays the role of Nandu Bhinde, a tapori who is involved in the heist that forms the crux of the film. His act was loved by the audience and many on social media, deeming him as the ‘real star’ of the movie.
“Thankfully the season don’t clash. Football finishes in December and kabaddi starts next year. I have a good team who handle my work and a very good support stuff,” the actor said. The ‘Guru’ star also said that he is planning to come up with a women kabaddi team soon. (PTI)

Related articles

Can’t accept verdict, but will abide by it: Mamata

Kolkata, April 3: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday said she respects the judiciary but disagrees...

JD(U) leader quits party over Waqf bill protest

Patna, April 3: JD(U) leader Mohammed Qasim Ansari on Thursday resigned from the party in protest against the...

Won’t snatch Muslims’ rights, assures Rijiju

New Delhi, April 3: Union Minority Affairs Minister Kiren Rijiju on Thursday rejected the opposition’s allegations that the...

World Watch

7 killed after boat capsizes Athens, April 3: At least seven people have died, including two children, after a...