Sunday, April 6, 2025

ARF irked by Govt officials’ statement

Date:

Share post:

TURA: The Achik Revolutionary Front (ARF) has strongly condemned and refuted the statement made by government officials earlier terming their approach to peace as ‘plan to escape ongoing operations’.

“We declared our willingness to join the peace process long ago and before the ongoing operations. It seems the Govt officials are busy not in restoring peace and normalcy but more interested in spreading violence and destruction,” the ARF statement said and accused the Govt officials of filling their own pockets with funds meant for the development of the State.

It claimed that contrary to what police believed, ARF was a conglomeration of organizations struggling for ‘peace and freedom’ which comprise of ASAK, UALA, ANLA, LAEF and AMEF, besides others.

Pointing out that it had already accepted the government’s call to shun further bloodshed and violence long before, the outfit warned vested government officials to refrain from criticizing them in the future and misguiding innocent Garo people by conflicting observations and claims.

“The Government should understand that our ‘silence and patience’ is not a sign of our weakness,” it said.

Related articles

Shillong, Jowai students bag top position in SSLC merit list

 Leisha Agarwal from St Margaret’s HS School and Avila Kathrene P Lyngdoh of North Liberty HS School, Jowai jointly...

High pass percentage triggers applause, critical questions

Our Bureau SHILLONG, April 5: Meghalaya’s Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSLC) pass percentage jumped from 55.80% in 2023 to...

Govt distances itself from NEIGRIHMS controversy

By Our Reporter SHILLONG, April 5: The Meghalaya government has distanced itself from the ongoing imbroglio in NEIGRIHMS which...

AAI notifies tender for expansion of Shillong Airport

By Our Reporter SHILLONG, April 5: The Airports Authority of India (AAI) has issued a tender notice for the...