Thursday, April 3, 2025

NGT hearing potponed

Date:

Share post:

New Delhi: The National Green Tribunal (NGT) on Monday deferred its hearing on the rat hole mining in Meghalaya to November 17 after the Centre failed to submit its views on the mining guidelines submitted by the State government last month.
This was informed by Justine Dkhar, Parliamentary Secretary in-charge of social welfare.
The state Government had already submitted its mining guidelines to the NGT which in turn referred the same to the ministries of coal and environment.
“But both the ministries have not examined the guidelines so far,” Dkhar told The Shillong Times.
Now the Parliamentary Secretary and others will take up the issue with the three MPs from the state- Purno A Sangma, Vincent H Pala and Mrs Wansuk Syiem.
“I shall impress upon them to expedite the issue with the Centre so that NGT settles the matter at the earliest,” he said.

Related articles

Trump unveils tariffs

Washington, April 2: President Donald Trump announced plans for sweeping tariffs Wednesday, saying "our country has been looted,...

SC quashes HC order against The Shillong Times

NEW DELHI, April 2: The Supreme Court of India has quashed a contempt proceeding against The Shillong Times...

Kharlukhi raps Biren for remarks on PA Sangma

SHILLONG, April 2: Former NPP state president and Rajya Sabha MP WR Kharlukhi on Wednesday criticised former Manipur...

New snakehead species of fish found in Chokpot

SHILLONG, March 2: Meghalaya has once again gained recognition in the scientific community with the discovery of a...