Sunday, April 6, 2025

Exclusion shocks Ramdin

Date:

Share post:

‘Have to live by selectors’ decision’, says Windies wicket-keeper

St. John’s (Antigua): West Indies wicket-keeper Denesh Ramdin has expressed shock over the selection committee’s decision to exclude him from the Test side which is set to face India in a four-match series.
The former Windies skipper said in a tweet on Wednesday that he had been told by the chairman of selectors, Courtney Browne, that his batting average was not good enough for him to make the cut.
“The chairman (Browne) called me and he explained to me I would no longer be in the four Test series coming up against India. He said over the past five six years my averages haven’t been where they should be as a Test player so they need someone else to fill that position and do well for the West Indies,” Ramdin said in an interview on a local radio station on Friday.
“I’m pretty disappointed with it; any player would be disappointed. That was said to me that I have to get back in the four-day regional set up and score runs again,” he said.
“It seems like I’m not a senior player who has done well over the years. But I’ve been down that road before and come back and done very well so I think the process is easy,” he said.
Ramdin was also stripped of the captaincy following a home series loss to Australia last year.
“I haven’t felt any pressure for the last three or four years. It was quite a surprise to me. I felt a bit surprised but I have no choice but to live by the decision of the higher authority. I don’t own cricket and well I have to go back to my game in the regional four day set up and come again,” he said.
He also failed to get a contract with a CPL team because of contractual obligations with the West Indies cricket board. (IANS)

Related articles

Shillong, Jowai students bag top position in SSLC merit list

 Leisha Agarwal from St Margaret’s HS School and Avila Kathrene P Lyngdoh of North Liberty HS School, Jowai jointly...

High pass percentage triggers applause, critical questions

Our Bureau SHILLONG, April 5: Meghalaya’s Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSLC) pass percentage jumped from 55.80% in 2023 to...

Govt distances itself from NEIGRIHMS controversy

By Our Reporter SHILLONG, April 5: The Meghalaya government has distanced itself from the ongoing imbroglio in NEIGRIHMS which...

AAI notifies tender for expansion of Shillong Airport

By Our Reporter SHILLONG, April 5: The Airports Authority of India (AAI) has issued a tender notice for the...