Friday, April 4, 2025

6 more test COVID-19 positive in Meghalaya, more tests’ results awaited

Date:

Share post:

SHILLONG: Six more COVID-19 positive persons have been detected including three females, two males and one child in the wake of the death of the COVID-19 patient of the state at 2:30 am on Wednesday.

In a statement issued here, the Commissioner and Secretary Health and Family Welfare, Sampath Kumar said that since the detection of the first case in the city, samples had been collected for test from 161 persons in East Khasi Hills district and 24 persons from Nongpoh, in Ri-Bhoi district.

He said that six samples had tested positive out of the first batch of 68 samples sent for test and six others samples had been sent for re-tests.

The results are being awaited of tests conducted on samples sent to NEIGRIHMS, Guwahati Medical College and Hospital (GMCH) and Barpeta Medical College and Hospital.

Kumar said that some of the samples had to be sent to Guwahati and Barpeta due to urgency of the matter and limited capacity of the testing facility in NEIGRIHMS.

 

Related articles

PM Modi urges Bangladesh’s Yunus to avoid rhetoric, protect minorities

Bangkok, April 4: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday raised the issue of safety and security of minorities...

SC orders Yasin Malik to cross-examine witnesses virtually from Tihar

New Delhi, April 4: The Supreme Court on Friday allowed jailed JKLF chief Yasin Malik to cross-examine witnesses...

India in active talks with domestic pharma exporters amid new US tariff threat

New Delhi, April 4: The Commerce Ministry is in active talks with Indian pharmaceutical exporters amid growing concerns...

Rupee strengthens against dollar amid Trump’s reciprocal tariffs

New Delhi, April 4: The Indian rupee witnessed sharp gains on Friday at below 85 against dollar, as...