Thursday, April 3, 2025

Meghalaya govt reviews preparedness in view of cyclone alert

Date:

Share post:

Shillong, May 27: Meghalaya Government today held an emergent meeting to discuss the preparations for the severe Remal cyclone which is moving towards North East.

Speaking to reporters, Deputy Chief Minister Prestone Tynsong said that the respective Deputy Commissioners had been directed to take every action to prepare the administration to deal with this severe cyclone.

He said that the vulnerable areas had been identified which might see some flooding. Directives have been issued to power, Fire and Emergency services, PWD and Forest department to be on alert and attend to any emergencies that may arise.

Related articles

Supreme Court stays tree felling on land near Hyderabad University

New Delhi, April 3: The Supreme Court on Thursday stayed tree felling on 400 acres of land in...

Govt scraps charges on updating nominee details in PPF accounts

New Delhi, April 3: Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced on Thursday that the government has issued a Gazette...

Myanmar hit by 66 aftershocks following deadly earthquake

Yangon, April 3: As of Thursday morning, Myanmar has experienced 66 aftershocks ranging from magnitudes 2.8 to 7.5,...

Waqf Bill will open new avenues for development of Muslim: Danish Ansari

Lucknow, April 3: Uttar Pradesh Minority Affairs Minister Danish Ansari on Thursday claimed that the passage of the...