Friday, April 4, 2025

Top leaders excluded from rehab package, ANVC-B claims

Date:

Share post:

SHILLONG: The ANVC-B has alleged that the names approved for availing the rehabilitation packages excluded top leaders of the organisation including signatories of the Agreed Text. ANVC-B leader Bernard Marak on Friday said many senior and hardcore members of the organisation had been left out from the rehabilitation list and added that commander-in-chief Mokus and general secretary Jakrik, besides others were not named in the list. “The list is doubtfully made with the intention to create division among the rank and files of our members,” Bernard said, adding that at this rate lasting peace in trouble torn Garo Hills would remain a long fetched dream for the Garo people. According to Marak, Para 4.2 of the Agreed text specifically mentions proper rehabilitation to the former cadres and failure to provide proper package to them will not go down well as they will take it as betrayal. More report.

Related articles

Venkatesh Iyer silences critics with blazing 60 as KKR crush SRH

Kolkata, April 3: Venkatesh Iyer answered his critics with a match-winning 60 off 29 balls, propelling Kolkata Knight...

Can’t accept verdict, but will abide by it: Mamata

Kolkata, April 3: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday said she respects the judiciary but disagrees...

JD(U) leader quits party over Waqf bill protest

Patna, April 3: JD(U) leader Mohammed Qasim Ansari on Thursday resigned from the party in protest against the...

Won’t snatch Muslims’ rights, assures Rijiju

New Delhi, April 3: Union Minority Affairs Minister Kiren Rijiju on Thursday rejected the opposition’s allegations that the...